Re: How to make a new PORT that listens to a soundcard?

Rob Giuliano

There are many ways, but all require a separate computer application acting as a TNC.
Any RTL application  to control the RTL dongle will allow the RTL to be the input, the Virtual Audio Cable (VAC) is the output from that, the VAC becomes the input to a TNC application application (see below), and the output is typically through a TCP port to APRSIS32 (either AGW or KISS over TCP).
The most TNC popular applications are:
     DireWolf
     AGW
     UZ7HO
     and a few satellite specific options.

NOTE: Orbitron seems to work well with RTL apps (frequency control) and satellite tracking.
            I used Oriobitron and the DDE to SDR option in HDSDR to control the frequency.
            CubicSD has rig control options, but I have not tried that setup.
Antenna wise, the best is a good "truly" omni direction antenna (like a 1/4 wave)

On Monday, December 23, 2019, 8:06:23 AM EST, KD7YZ Bob <kd7yz@...> wrote:

GM

Is there a way I can configure APRSIS32 to hear a soundcard-listed device?
I have a  couple of virtual audio cables, Line-1, that outputs from an RTL dongle, from 145.825.

I would like to have them report APRS/AX.25  Seats.
I have been wondering which of the antenna situations "might" be better, here.
Thus if APRSIS32 could get input, I might be able to tell which is working.

Right now I have APRSIS off a Kenwood D710 Port from the Data cable output.

Works.

that's the stacked loops. Now I want to check a couple others and need the ability to pipe soundcard decode from SDR-Console, into APRSIS32.

thanks in advance for help.

Bob KD7YZ EM88LL

--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL