Re: How often does an APRS DIGI need to I'd?

David Andrzejewski

This is what I do. My digis use meaningful callsigns with their location, and I just have it set to send an ax.25 packet with my callsign every 10 minutes. That way there’s no gray area and it follows US regs.

--

David Andrzejewski
E-mail/iMessage/Jabber: david@...

On Dec 20, 2019, at 11:31, Randy Love <rlove31@...> wrote:

Depends.
If your Digi is using a callsign, then it id's every packet that is send, whether originated by APRISCE, or digipeated.

If your digi is using a tactical call, say for example BIGMTN, just have a status message or beacon text sent every 10 mins with you callsign in it.
US regulations, of course.

73,
Randy
WF5X
(SHLBTP digi)

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 11:24 AM K7OI-Mark <K7oi.us@...> wrote:
Hi K7OI (Mark)
I remember when aprs first started there was chatter about how often to id.
Is there a rule about beaconing or digipeater.

Currently my beacon is set to 60m.
K7OI(Mark)