Re: Disabling APRS-IS

Rob Giuliano

The passcode provided will allow you instance of APRSIS32 to send data to the internet (APRS-IS), which includes the feeds to aprs.fi.
If you leave the passcode at -1 APRSIS32 will work without any problems, but it will not send data to the internet (more specifically APRS-IS will not accept data from you).
If you enter the passcode, another means of disabling the communication with the internet is in >Enables >APRS-IS Enabled.
  Even without the passcode, I believe you can also set filters and get data that matches the filters.

However, if you are sending data over the air, it may reach an IGATE and be passed to the internet that way, even if there is no internet connection at your location.

As for the address, I am not sure where you would enter such information.  APRS typically uses GPS type coordinates, not addresses.  Unless you are referring to the internet address of the APRS-IS server.  Most U.S. users will use NOAM.APRS2.NET and a port of 14580 (which allows filtering as mentioned above).

On Friday, November 29, 2019, 7:19:10 PM EST, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' KJ4ERJ@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce-noreply@...> wrote:

aprs.fi is just a web site that captures APRS data and puts it into a database.  It will eventually time out and remove inactive stations, but if you want to configure a station to match it and set the correct location...

Passcode for KM4VXF is 21695

This passcode will work for any -SSID (http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:ssids) you choose to use.
Because it is actually the APRS-IS network passcode, it should also work with other APRS-IS client software.

On 11/29/2019 3:49 PM, noah fodor noahfodor@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Hello,

Over half a year ago I was experimenting with APRSISCE/32 and trying to figure out how it works. I ended up giving up but I was looking on aprs.fi and my callsign showed up. It seems like I accidentally did get it to work half a year ago and never realized it. The only problem is that I put in the wrong address when I set it up and I am experimenting with APRS modems now. I assumed that I could disable it from APRSISCE/32 but when I reinstalled it and opened it I realized that I needed some sort of passcode. I don’t know if I need it to disable the APRS-IS or you can just do it.

Thank You,

Noah Fodor (KM4VXF)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10