UISS UI texts (was: Which Log is for the Data-Port?)

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Bob,

I'm not familiar with UISS, but you have some interesting statements in the quoted paragraphs below.  Can you please expand on what you mean by the following:

"AX.25 QSO" - Yes, AX.25 is the base protocol on which APRS is built, specifically on the UI packets of AX.25.  But your term could mean a connected mode packet QSO which would also be over AX.25, albeit with other packet types.

Those three text fields in UISS - Do you know what actually goes out in the UI packets?  Are the text boxes just user entered payloads (which would imply knowledge of constructing raw packets compliant with aprs101.pdf), or does UISS place that text in an APRS-standard packet of some kind?

The reason you "can't figure out how" is that APRSIS32 does not include any such feature.  You're not missing it, it's not there. But if there's enough interest and it can be completely specified, it can always be added to the ToDo list.

PS.  Nothing is "INSTANT" when communicating at 1200 baud!

On 11/15/2019 9:12 AM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
UISS has ONE trait that helps me make AX.25 QSO over ISS ... there are three buttons with text fields I can fill in then tap a button and have a UI go out ...if anyone copies the DigiPeat from ISS ... they send something ACKing it back to me and I fore off a 'In The Log Book type call ... and Voila! another grid on 2m (usually).

I can't figure out how tro make APRSIS32 let me INSTANTLY select one of three UI type messages and fire them back up to the bird(s). It's crazy-fast to try to make a 145.825 AX.25 QSO.
--
73
Bob KD7YZ