Re: Download and install

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Is the TNC locked into KISS mode?  And did you use a Simply(KISS) type port in the configuration?

The other thing to try is closing APRSIS32 and open the COM port to the TNC in a simple terminal emulator.  Wait until a packet has likely been decoded and you should see something in the terminal emulator.  If not, the issue is between the TNC and the Radio or the wrong COM port.  If you see non-printable followed by a printable payload, then you're seeing a KISS packet.  If the entire packet is readable, it's not in KISS mode.

On 11/7/2019 5:56 PM, Gurdon Wolfe via Groups.Io wrote:
Lynn,
 The tnc is an MFJ1279X and yes, it's configured in APRSIS32. Received nothing.

 73, Don
 W4GCW

On Thursday, November 7, 2019, 05:35:48 PM EST, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

What TNC is it?  How do you have it configured in APRSIS32?  What port type did you use?  So many questions that need answers!

Are you seeing any packets from the radio which would be shown in the packet scroller with an *?

On 11/7/2019 4:45 PM, Gurdon Wolfe via Groups.Io wrote:
HI Lynn and thanks for taking the time to reply to my call for help.I found and deleted the xml file and was able
to download APRSIS32 with only one problem. The radio/tnc won't transmit. I've run through the help file that
outlines what to do if the program won't transmit and so far that's what got me stumped. The radio/tnc works
as it connects to K4EOC-7 on SEDAN. Your thoughts?

 73, Don
 W4GCW

On Thursday, November 7, 2019, 01:13:17 PM EST, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

You need to delete the APRSIS32.XML file that is in the directory where you execute APRSIS32 from.  That way it will recreate all settings.

The bar you describe though, appears when you're executing APRSIS32 from within the downloaded .ZIP file.  You need to UNZIP the download into a newly created empty directory and then double-click APRSIS32.EXE from within that directory, not from within a zip file viewer.

You might want to check out the Initial Startup video at:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/initial-startup

On 11/6/2019 11:39 AM, Gurdon Wolfe via Groups.Io wrote:
I changed a setting on the installed APRSIS32 and was unable to get it corrected. I thought I'll just delete it
and start over, however when I downloaded it from the website things went bad from there. After downloading
it and tried to run it, a screen came up with this warning:  Downloading from 2012/08/30 09:19 to  2012/08/29
21:31 is NOT recommenced, continue anyway? (NOTE: some settings may be lost.). I answered yes and the
program began to load but after a second or two a bar appeared across the screen and began to pulse and
continued to pulse indefinitely. To the best of my knowledge I've deleted all of the old files associated with
APRSIS32. I have attempted this procedure many times all with no success. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

 73, Don
 W4GCW