Re: Trying to understand the Log from "Port(KWD710(Pkt)"

KD7YZ Bob

On 11/6/2019 11:19, Randy Love wrote:
Just a quick check, the cable is into the back of the control head, correct?
Randy
WF5X
Crikey!
So today I used the programing from RT Systems ... THEN never unplugged from the back to put it back on the Control display box.

Thanks. And before I ask the next in a line of "How do I do this" questions, I will pull the list and see if they exist when the cables go to the right places.

I am using the USB-K5G Radio Cable that came with theTM-D710G Programmer.

Previously I was using a Keyspan which converted the Rig's RS232 to USB ...HOWEVER, I had a lot of trouble with the Keyspan "going missing" on my Dell ....I tried activating (did) the COM1: and jut plugging in the serial cable as designed ....Dev Man showed COM1: at 9600b but the computer never saw the rig on COM1 ..... thus I decided to use the RT systems' already programmed cable.

But it would help if I plugged it back onto the "COM" socket instead of leaving it on "PC" .

thanks for the help.

--
73
Bob KD7YZ