Re: GPS problem

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Roy,

You found the thing I saw immediately, so all is good.  You probably just need to make sure the device is in full view of the sky, at least to get the initial fix and the almanac to get updated.  After that it might be able to hang onto a fix for longer.

You can turn off the red dot by unchecking Configure / Screen RedDot if you want.  And if you want to know what it's about, see:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:red-dothttp://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:red-dot

On 11/4/2019 10:54 AM, Roy Schulz wrote:
Lynn, I appear to have found the answer. Looking at the data file I attached I noticed one of the sentences mentioned only a single satellite was in view, Of course this is not enough for a fix.

I tried a few computer reboots and finally when I left your program running for awhile it started showing satellites. Though watching the red dot bounce around can be distracting, hi.

Still not got soliid gps performance, but it looks like the cause is outside your program so I'll stop bothering you. Tthanks for your help and the fine software.

regards, Roy