Re: GPS problem

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Please open and enable the NMEA trace log and capture some of the sentences from it.  I can compare them to the code and figure out which one is saying there is no fix.

And it may be that your internal GPS doesn't provide the sentences that give the satellite information.

On 11/3/2019 9:22 PM, Roy Schulz wrote:
Using Win 10/64 on a Panasonic Toughbook with built-in gps. Windows sees the gps on Com3, 4800b and other programs have no problems using the gps.

The NMEA port is set to Com3, 4800b and the GPS is enabled.

Enabling the NMEA log shows the expected data string scrolling from the gps.

The main screen tells me that NMEA is OK, however it also tells me there is no fix. There is no gps satellite info at all.

Thoughts?

regards, Roy