Re: Blocking a digipeater from digi'ing my beacon

Arnold Harding - KQ6DI

Rather than using WIDE1-1 as a path, try putting in just the callsign of the digi you are trying to reach.  For example, just put in LARES for the path.  HOWEVER, if the nearest digi is also an IGate, nothing can stop your being picked up there.  You should be able to see if LARES digipeated you.
Arnold, KQ6DI

On October 23, 2019 at 9:37 PM "KP3FT via Groups.Io" <kp3ft@...> wrote:

Is there a way, on my end, to temporarily stop a specific digipeater from digipeating my RF beacon (and also stop iGating me if possible)?  I'm testing out a yagi and an amp/preamp setup to see if I can hit some digis via RF in the north, west, and northwest directions, but there's a digi to the east that is in a prime location so it hears my digi no matter what direction I point the yagi.  I can't tell if the other digis hear me because the eastern digi could be TX'ing right on top of theirs after I beacon.  I can always ask the owner to temporarily block my station, but I thought there might be a way to do it from my end.