Re: KAM-XL symbol

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Please see http://www.aprs.net/vm/DOS/SYMBOLS.HTM which documents symbol standards based on the -SSID for when the APRS packet doesn't contain any symbol information.  This is also documented on page 93 in the APRS101.PDF specification.

Not all APRS client applications implement the full specification, but APRSIS32 does implement the symbol hierarchy.

On 10/21/2019 1:33 PM, Julian wrote:

Hi Lynn. Tnx for coming back on this one. The stn is M0IPU-8, a setup I was playing with on my KAM-XL. I am attaching couple of pics anyway. Re Red Dot, I have also read your Wiki doc on the subject, but I believe aprs.fi uses it for current location on iconless... stns/GPGGA statements. I am not 100%. I didn't go through their help files.

Regards, J, M0IPU YO3FCA

Note: I believe the Yahoo group link needs to be updated on Wiki