Re: KAM-XL symbol (was: GPS Setup SOLVED)

Randy Love

You're seeing a boat in APRSIS32 because the SSID -8 is a boat since there is no other indicator of symbol.
APRS.fi is defaulting it to a red dot tho..

From the APRS spec:
image.png

73,
Randy
WF5X

On Mon, Oct 21, 2019 at 1:41 PM Julian <iulianp@...> wrote:

Hi Lynn. Tnx for coming back on this one. The stn is M0IPU-8, a setup I was playing with on my KAM-XL. I am attaching couple of pics anyway. Re Red Dot, I have also read your Wiki doc on the subject, but I believe aprs.fi uses it for current location on iconless... stns/GPGGA statements. I am not 100%. I didn't go through their help files.

Regards, J, M0IPU YO3FCA

Note: I believe the Yahoo group link needs to be updated on Wiki