Re: Tile fetching

Greg D

James probably has a better way to do this, but what I do is first turn off the tile purging, then zoom to the overall area I want to fetch, then do a prefetch.  Both of these are under Configure -> Map.  I believe the prefetch grabs the current zoom level and another couple below that.  It does not dive all the way to the lowest detail all at once.  For the detail areas, I zoom in on the area of interest, and do another prefetch.

Greg  KO6TH

Frederic Thisdele ve2onr@... [aprsisce] wrote:

hi James,

I'm don't want to fetch tiles via rf, I whant to do it with internet at home before leaving to the exercice.

How have you fetch the entire province of Alberta in 5 minutes? Did you zom in at max level and scroll around to fetch everything?

When I say forever, I meen it took me about 2 hours to fetch the south portion of Montreal at street level for the 2018 marathon (I've scrolled the screen following a gpx track).

Thanks.