Re: FTM-400XDR won't transmit message from APRSISCE?

Rob Giuliano

Unfortunately, you were sold a "bill of goods" by Yaesu and poor reviewers like the ARRL.  The Yaesu radios are not capable of TX from an attached computer   they only have a built in tracker and the ability to send decoded packets back to the computer.  It is NOT a true TNC.  Pages 155 - 158 are kind of cinfusing as well, but from 156 it says the serial port can send "YOUR POSITION" to the attached pc.  Note there is nothing about received packets.

Only solution is using an external TNC (or sound card) to the data port with audio I/O and ptt. Pins 1, 2, 3, [4 or 5] and optionally 6.  See page 158 of the manual.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 0:58, kb6vtu@... [aprsisce]
wrote:

Hi,

I've setup my FTM-400XDR with APRSISCE and it receives fine. I just can't get it to transmit messages?

Is there anything obvious that I might be missing? I keep trying to configure the radio and I always check the Xmit button, but it always gets unchecked.

Is there a thread on this already? I looked, but couldn't find it.

Is it the password? It asked something about a password, but I don't know that I have any type of password. I've never needed one before?

thx,

josh

KB6VTU