Re: Tile fetching

vince <vince83687@...>

Yes Lynn and group.

Yea how could this be done offline. Can one retrieve tiles by way of RF in the software program?
Thanks
---
-During World War 1 & 2. Hams could not do what in the USA?
- In the movie Contact, what was Ellie's CallSign?
73 Vince KD7TWW ":>
Thank you for your reply...

On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 11:31 PM Frederic Thisdele ve2onr@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Hi group and Lynn,

This sathurday, I'll be using APRSIS32 offline (without internet access) for an national earthquaqe exercice and need to fetch tiles for an entire region. Is there a way to fetch othen than having to scroll the region before leaving? Having to scroll 4 x 6 miles square at different levels is taking quite some time. Multiply this by 3 different tile set (osm, world street maps and world imagery), I'll be here for ever.

I would love to be able to fetch my entire region but what will be the volume of tiles and how much space it will take on the pc hard drive. I think tiles are plain images compare to maps that are vector images.

Thanks for any solutions.

73

Fred VE2ONR