Tile fetching

Frederic Thisdele

Hi group and Lynn,

This sathurday, I'll be using APRSIS32 offline (without internet access) for an national earthquaqe exercice and need to fetch tiles for an entire region. Is there a way to fetch othen than having to scroll the region before leaving? Having to scroll 4 x 6 miles square at different levels is taking quite some time. Multiply this by 3 different tile set (osm, world street maps and world imagery), I'll be here for ever.

I would love to be able to fetch my entire region but what will be the volume of tiles and how much space it will take on the pc hard drive. I think tiles are plain images compare to maps that are vector images.

Thanks for any solutions.

73

Fred VE2ONR