Re: APRSISCE/TN-D710 set-up

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Just remember, Windows only allows one program at a time to access any given COM port.  But to change the frequency, you'll have to cable to the base unit, not the head, so you'll need two cables and COM ports anyway.

On 9/10/2019 7:13 AM, Bob KD7YZ kd7yz@denstarfarm.us [aprsisce] wrote:
On 9/9/2019 10:51, ka0azs@earthlink.net [aprsisce] wrote:
I've been walking a couple of hams through this recently and finally
found time to write up what I have found to work. When I get a chance
I'll add screen shots and post to the files section. Hope this helps:

First, read this page on the APRSIS32 Wiki:
http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/port:kenwood-tm-d710

Computer Set Up:

Check the baud rate of the COM port you will be using in device manager .......
OK Randy, I have dutifully followed the outline u sent ( this one on
this page is the same if anyone else asks).

Now to see if my PSTRotator progream will setr the Rx on the D710GA to
match the Sat Freq.

Not that you covered that. However the "WiKi" article "seems" to say the
D710 can be taken over ... so we'll see.

--
73
Bob KD7YZ

Posted by: Bob KD7YZ <kd7yz@denstarfarm.us>