From: "David Shrum dave.n8pu@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@...>
Date: 8/5/19 2:36 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Something mis-configured?

Since I'm near Traverse City, yes that is what I want to do, Thanks.

Dave N8PU

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 2:00 PM Randy Love rlove31@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

A little behind what you're seeing.

Traccar is running as a background service on my Android to do automatic reporting from my phone.
( See that WF5X in the packet? That's me. )

Sometime over the course of the last few weeks, my work's internet access via the Guess Wireless connection has started to not find the traccar server.
Traccar stores up the unsuccessful position reports when network is unavailable and then dumps them en masse when a network connection is restored.
So, once it finally gets a connection to the server, it floods them out.

I have found a way to keep the connection at work more stable, but it requires me to remember to start my VPN on my phone.
Since I'm human, I forget sometimes, and then there's a flood when I remember to send start the VPN.

MICON tactical calls are used by those of us associated with the multi-county reporting network used for Skywarn reporting to the NWS office for Detroit/Pontiac.
We run 90 sec reporting via traccar, which is autoforwarded to APRS-IS.  90 sec reports via APRS-IS is not really excessive, unless there's an unknown network connection loss, and the subsequent flood when it's restored.

I'm trying to deal with the issue as best as I can with the limitations that my work has on their guess wireless access.

But, to answer your question, yes, there is away to block them  -b/MICON*

73,
Randy
WF5X

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 12:58 PM David Shrum dave.n8pu@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

In the last week or so I saw complaints about what is showing up in the ticker of stations showing up, I thought I would add what I see a lot of, and of course doing a "whois" doesn't show me who it is. I see a lot of MICON-1, MICON-42, etc. I guess I should have paid more attention what was being said, but since basically the only thing I have done is set my pass code and location, and who I track...

I guess my question is, is there a filter that can block anything that has "MICON" in it from showing up? Regardless of whether it has a "-1", or "-2" or "-42". Thanks and I apologize in advance for asking the same question over again so quickly, most of that went over my head because of a lack of knowledge and understanding of what was happening. If this program was a "appliance" like what the "old hams" said would happen with the CW drop back a while ago, I would have to say guilty on both counts.

Thanks,
Dave N8PU

PS, sorry about the poor picture quality of the second picture, I couldn't get a screen capture of it with my computer so I had to take a picture of it with my cell phone camera.

PPS, I tried to add a filter to not show anything with MICON in it and obviously was missing something important.

2019-08-05T11:28:50.806 Parsing
2019-08-05T11:28:50.806 Parsing
2019-08-05T16:52:36.164 Parsing -MICON*
2019-08-05T16:52:36.164 Filter Error:Piece(-MICON*) missing / as second character
2019-08-05T16:53:23.595 Parsing