Re: APRS

Joe WB9SBD

I tried DireWolf, but was quickly confused.

Joe WB9SBD

The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com

On 8/11/2019 8:33 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Take a look at DireWolf. It's a sound-card TNC to which APRSISCE/32 can
connect.

https://github.com/wb2osz/direwolf

On 8/11/2019 9:00 PM, Joe nss@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hello Everyone,

What I am about to ask below, if it has recently been asked and
answered, please accept my apology. I have zero access to the web page
with all the old messages and I just joined this afternoon.

I'm getting back into APRS after a long absence. And I was talking to a
guy that still does it and I asked him this.

APRS, with modern computers and all the fancy stuff you see they can do
now.

Is there a way to monitor APRS with just a computer and soundcard?

I mean what can be in a old vintage 1980's TNC that can not be done with
a computer program and soundcard instead?

And he sent me to this program..
I installed it and got it up and running. I even saw my Home computer on
aprs.fi, so it's working.

NOW,,, If I have audio from 144.39 how do I put it into this program?

Joe WB9SBD

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links