Re: APRS

KP3FT

Download "soundmodem100.zip" from here: http://uz7.ho.ua/packetradio.htm .  After you install it, change its device settings to see your computer's soundcard, and make sure "AGWPE Server Port" is enabled and set to 8000.

Go to APRSis32settings and create a new port as Type "AGW".  Give it a name like SoundModem or whatever you'd like.  Set its TCP Configuration to IP 127.0.0.1 and Port 8000.  Run an audio cable from the radio's speaker-out to the line-in or mic jack of the soundcard.

If there's any conventional packet activity in your area (or HF packet) and you'd like to try it, download EasyTerm from the same website.  It's a packet terminal program that works with the SoundModem TNC, for connecting to nodes, BBS's, etc.

On Sunday, August 11, 2019, 9:01:50 PM EDT, Joe nss@... [aprsisce]

Hello Everyone,

What I am about to ask below, if it has recently been asked and
answered, please accept my apology.  I have zero access to the web page
with all the old messages and I just joined this afternoon.

I'm getting back into APRS after a long absence. And I was talking to a
guy that still does it and I asked him this.

APRS,  with modern computers and all the fancy stuff you see they can do
now.

Is there a way to monitor APRS with just a computer and soundcard?

I mean what can be in a old vintage 1980's TNC that can not be done with
a computer program and soundcard instead?

And he sent me to this program..
I installed it and got it up and running. I even saw my Home computer on
aprs.fi,  so it's working.

NOW,,, If I have audio from 144.39  how do I put it into this program?

Joe WB9SBD

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: