APRS

Joe WB9SBD

Hello Everyone,

What I am about to ask below, if it has recently been asked and answered, please accept my apology. I have zero access to the web page with all the old messages and I just joined this afternoon.

I'm getting back into APRS after a long absence. And I was talking to a guy that still does it and I asked him this.

APRS, with modern computers and all the fancy stuff you see they can do now.

Is there a way to monitor APRS with just a computer and soundcard?

I mean what can be in a old vintage 1980's TNC that can not be done with a computer program and soundcard instead?

And he sent me to this program..
I installed it and got it up and running. I even saw my Home computer on aprs.fi, so it's working.

NOW,,, If I have audio from 144.39 how do I put it into this program?

Joe WB9SBD