Re: APRS-IS Servers

Gurdon Wolfe

Thank you Robert.
73, Don

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 6:46 PM, Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce]
wrote:

As I understand it, area specific.
Noam is for North America and rotates through available North American servers

Rotate can connect to any server world wide.
In theory there could be a slight difference in reponse from post to available, but it is so slight you would not notice it.

On Wednesday, August 7, 2019, 5:59:18 PM EDT, w4gcw@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

I've been using rotate.aprs2.net as my default server however recently it was suggested

that I change my server to noam.aprs2.net. I made the change but so far haven't noticed

any difference. What are the benefits of using one over the other? My location is east

central Florida.

73, Don

W4GCW