Re: Blocking DSTAR, DMR, WinLink from the map

Arnold Harding - KQ6DI

Yes, you can block a specific station AND D-Star, etc, but it can only be done with data/stations coming from the APRS-IS servers.  For example, I have this in my Client Configuration, Add Filter:

-b/KJ6DZB-3 -u/APBM*/APDG*/APWL*/APJI*

So this stops KJ6DZB-3 as well as D-Star, etc., but anything heard on RF will not be stopped.  So in this example, KJ6DZB-3 also transmits on RF, and I hear probably 99% of his transmissions on RF, so this filter will NOT stop that station.

Arnold, KQ6DI

On August 3, 2019 at 8:03 AM "JD Delancy w1jd@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@...> wrote:

So there's a way to block something unwanted.  can the configure/general/filter be constructed to reject a specific station?

   jd