Re: Need some information.

Thomas Hutter

Hello Lynn - KJ4ERJ, I was successful in downloading and installing the aprsisce / 32 software on Dick's W7DXJ, computer. it is now showing up on the aprs if google map as a computer. The plan was to get Dick's I-gate back up on line. It appears that I am missing something to make that happen. The computer is connected to a KPC 3 TNC and a radio but is not passing any incoming data. Is there a driver or some other program that I need to work with, to make that happen. Dicks computer is a Dell i3 with Windows 7 pro OS 64 bit. As I told you before, this is all new to me, so please help. I know that when an I-gate is connected it normally appears as a black diamond with an "I" inside it. The aprsisce /32 software is showing a good instal, so what more do I need to do, thank you.
73,
Tom K7TJH

On Monday, July 29, 2019, 10:36:32 PM MST, Thomas Hutter k7tjh@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Hi Lynn, yes I have done that. I got the program to open with the screen to input your call sign. Then when trying to move the station marker to the proper location on the map. I can only scroll about three times. I get around the state of AZ and the program shuts down. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling fresh, then try again.

I'll let you know how that goes. Thanks for getting back to me.
73,
Tom K7TJH

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 9:24 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]
<aprsisce@...> wrote:

Make sure you have created a new directory and unzipped the download into that directory before double-clicking the .EXE.   Double-clicking from within a .ZIP viewer will NOT work.

On 7/29/2019 7:55 PM, Thomas Hutter k7tjh@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Greetings, I am new to aprsisce and I am trying helping a friend, Dick - W7DXJ, with his I-gate. Dick, has had a few strokes and is not able to do things for himself. So, I am here helping. Dick - W7DXJ, had an I-gate operational at his QTH for years. The computer he was using for his I-gate, crashed and took down the I-gate and all of it's information with it. We have a new computer with an OS of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I am in the process of trying to load aprsisce/32 program on to the new computer and having some difficulties, I can get his call sign entered, but when I go to move the station location on the map and zoom in, the program closes.
Any suggestions?
My second question is when I get to the place where I need a pass code, do I need to use Dick's old pass code, which I do not have, or do I apply for a new pass code for Dick W7DXJ?
Any help you can provide would be helpful, thank you.

73,
Tom Hutter - K7TJH
Lake Havasu City, AZ