Re: Editing XML for digipeating

Rob Giuliano

Some TNCs (Like Byonics TT4 and Argent Data Systems T3) can be in KISS mode and still handle other functions, but most commercial TNCs (KPC-3 and KAM) are pretty much a dumb MODEM in KISS mode.  Things like DIGI, mailboxes, etc. are unavailable in KISS mode.  To truly work with APRS applications like APRSIS32 the TNC really needs to be in KISS mode.

On Saturday, June 1, 2019, 8:47:54 PM EDT, Don Wolfe w4gcw@... [aprsisce] wrote:

I'd rather it be the software.

On Sat, Jun 1, 2019 at 8:40 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]
wrote:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:digipeating

As for the KPC-3 or KAM, I'll refer you to the specific TNC documentation.  But you probably don't want both APRSISCE/32 and the TNC both doing the digipeating.  Pick one or the other.

On 6/1/2019 3:17 PM, Don Wolfe w4gcw@... [aprsisce] wrote:
I want to setup my station to digipeat. In the XML file under port 1, do I edit the line
line or do I add another line with WIDE1-1=WIDE1* ?

Also, using a KAM or KPC3Plus, what parms do I change to allow the tnc to digi APRS
traffic prior to putting it into KISS mode?

Any help with my problems would be greatly appreciated.

73, Don
W4GCW

  Photoalbum/Logos/ARRL logo lg
Proud member since 1982