From: 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:56 AM
To: APRSISCE Group
Subject: [aprsisce] OSM Tile servers

Just thought I'd post an interesting comment from one of the OSM admin team:

> The tile.openstreetmap.org CDN is at breaking point.
> We now frequently push more than 3Tb per second of traffic, with over
> 22000 requests per second/
> We are reaching the limit of what our current stack/config can handle.

So, if you're using OSM's main tile servers, please do NOT do massive
downloads of tiles.  We don't want APRSISCE/32 to be blocked for everyone.

If you want to download large areas of tiles for offline use, you can
set up a Configure / Map / Tile Set pointing to my current OSM tile
server.  It's slow, but it'll eventually deliver your tiles.

Name: LynnsOSM
Server: ldeffenb.dnsalias.net : 14171
Min: 0 Retain:8 Max:20

PS.  Note that my ports 6360 and 14160 current deliver OSM tiles from
b.tile.openstreetmap.org.  If you have a tileset specifying one of these
ports, please consider changing it to 14171 if you can stand the lag.