Re: messages failing - message lockup

Rob Giuliano

Option 2:
SDR for receive (maybe with a TX mute to prevent overload) and disconnect the receive capability to the TNC that is doing the TX.  This could be done with separate ports (and possible sound cards) in an app like Dire Wolf.  Since APRSIS32 can only TX on the first AGW stream, you can use the second stream for receive and give no receieve audio to the first.  WIth Cheap USB sound cards this would be fairly easy to accomplish.

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, 7:53:20 PM EDT, James Ewen ve6srv@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Here’s the view from an outsider looking in with little information.

If you are wanting to transmit onto 144.390 from a site overlooking SAN Fransisco at 4300 feet ASL, you will need to ignore the input. Easy way to do so is to not connect a receiver to the APRSISCE/32 instance. Transmit blind.. You will clobber other stations and make people mad, but you will never find a quiet time to be able to transmit otherwise.

If you need to receive information from other stations and they are on 144.390, then you’re out of luck for transmitting, unless somehow no one is operating on 144.390.

An alternate solution is to use a frequency that is not over saturated and run all operations on that frequency you will have an empty channel to transmit into, and will likely find that you have far better success with hearing other stations in the quiet rather than trying to pick them out of the noise.

Simple radio concepts that people seem to forget when they work in digital.

If there’s a pile up on HF, do you try to rag chew with your buddy overtop of the pile up, or do you look for a quiet frequency and have a nice chinwag with each other?

You are not locked on 144.390 unless you’re still using a crystal controlled radio.

James
VE6SRV