Re: Ailunce HD1 GPS to Aprsisce

shoan butler

No greg, actually how all this curiosity got started, i downloaded this aprs program and watched a couple videos on how the whole thing was set up and in each video there was a radio attached to the computer that the program was running off of tuned in to the aprs frequency 144.390. So im trying to copy that set up so i can use the full potential of this aprs system and i dont have a clue what direction to go so basically " i have no idea what I'm doing or how to navigate through this period!!!!

On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 4:56 PM, Greg D ko6th.greg@... [aprsisce]
wrote:

Wait, you had to go to their website to enable the GPS to work??  I am really puzzled as to the data path those GPS coordinates take to get to aprs-is.  Concerned, perhaps.  Is Brandmeister tracking you through their site somehow?  Does the radio have a cell modem inside?

Greg  KO6TH

kf0ed@... [aprsisce] wrote:

I don’t believe this radio is capable of true APRS, more like a beacon only transmission.
It’s similar to my AnyTone 868 DMR radio with the built-in GPS feature.

Even after the purchase of my 868, the built-in GPS wasn’t available until a later issued firmware update. After
that was loaded and I turned on the GPS “switch” on the radio itself, I still had to go to my established Brandmeister
account Dashboard and enable things to make the GPS reporting work. This is where one would choose
their APRS symbol.

All that accomplishes is to allow the 868’s GPS signal to migrate onto the APRS-IS backbone and show up on
APRS.FI, APRSDIRECT.COM and FindU. That’s all that happens.

Hope this clarifies, maybe, hopefully the answers. Hey, correct me if I’m wrong!

73,
Glenn-KF0ED

Sent from Windows Mail