Re: Ailunce HD1 GPS to Aprsisce

Greg D

Wait, you had to go to their website to enable the GPS to work??  I am really puzzled as to the data path those GPS coordinates take to get to aprs-is.  Concerned, perhaps.  Is Brandmeister tracking you through their site somehow?  Does the radio have a cell modem inside?

Greg  KO6TH

kf0ed@... [aprsisce] wrote:

I don’t believe this radio is capable of true APRS, more like a beacon only transmission.
It’s similar to my AnyTone 868 DMR radio with the built-in GPS feature.

Even after the purchase of my 868, the built-in GPS wasn’t available until a later issued firmware update. After
that was loaded and I turned on the GPS “switch” on the radio itself, I still had to go to my established Brandmeister
account Dashboard and enable things to make the GPS reporting work. This is where one would choose
their APRS symbol.

All that accomplishes is to allow the 868’s GPS signal to migrate onto the APRS-IS backbone and show up on
APRS.FI, APRSDIRECT.COM and FindU. That’s all that happens.

Hope this clarifies, maybe, hopefully the answers. Hey, correct me if I’m wrong!

73,
Glenn-KF0ED

Sent from Windows Mail