Re: Ailunce HD1 GPS to Aprsisce

Greg D

Wait, you had to go to their website to enable the GPS to work??  I am really puzzled as to the data path those GPS coordinates take to get to aprs-is.  Concerned, perhaps.  Is Brandmeister tracking you through their site somehow?  Does the radio have a cell modem inside?

Greg  KO6TH

kf0ed@... [aprsisce] wrote:

I don’t believe this radio is capable of true APRS, more like a beacon only transmission.
It’s similar to my AnyTone 868 DMR radio with the built-in GPS feature.

Even after the purchase of my 868, the built-in GPS wasn’t available until a later issued firmware update. After
that was loaded and I turned on the GPS “switch” on the radio itself, I still had to go to my established Brandmeister
account Dashboard and enable things to make the GPS reporting work. This is where one would choose
their APRS symbol.

All that accomplishes is to allow the 868’s GPS signal to migrate onto the APRS-IS backbone and show up on
APRS.FI, APRSDIRECT.COM and FindU. That’s all that happens.

Hope this clarifies, maybe, hopefully the answers. Hey, correct me if I’m wrong!

Glenn-KF0ED

Sent from Windows Mail

Sent: ‎Saturday‎, ‎April‎ ‎20‎, ‎2019 ‎2‎:‎43‎ ‎PM
To: aprsisce@...

[Attachment(s) from shoan butler included below]

Ok good deal. Are you talking about a AGW packet pro kinda set up?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2019 2:41 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Ailunce HD1 GPS to Aprsisce

I did find the following pages, but you need more than just the radio to make it work.

https://groups.io/g/APRS-CANADA/message/4

http://mrickey.com/2016/04/brandmeister-setting-up-gps/

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 4/20/2019 1:50 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:

What exactly are you trying to do with the HD1 and APRSISCE/32?

This does not appear to be an APRS radio, nor does it contain a TNC. And I don't readily see any way to get the GPS information out of the radio to a PC.

From what I read, it appears that the radio can send GPS data to another HD1, but I'm not sure about that.  I may have read about some work to port position information from a DMR repeater to the APRS-IS similar! to D-PRS, but I'm not even sure of that recollection.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 4/20/2019 1:12 PM, shoan butler kn4txm@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Has any ran an hd1 on this system and how did you get it to work if you did. I've been trying for days and gotten nowhere.

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.