Re: Ailunce HD1 GPS to Aprsisce

shoan butler

I was really trying to get the radio to transmit real time tracking on my aprs

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: kf0ed@... [aprsisce]
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2019 4:03 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Ailunce HD1 GPS to Aprsisce

I don’t believe this radio is capable of true APRS, more like a beacon only transmission.

It’s similar to my AnyTone 868 DMR radio with the built-in GPS feature.

Even after the purchase of my 868, the built-in GPS wasn’t available until a later issued firmware update. After

that was loaded and I turned on the GPS “switch” on the radio itself, I still had to go to my established Brandmeister

account Dashboard and enable things to make the GPS reporting work. This is where one would choose

their APRS symbol.

All that accomplishes is to allow the 868’s GPS signal to migrate onto the APRS-IS backbone and show up on

APRS.FI, APRSDIRECT.COM and FindU. That’s all that happens.

Hope this clarifies, maybe, hopefully the answers. Hey, correct me if I’m wrong!

73,

Glenn-KF0ED

Sent from Windows Mail