Re: Ailunce HD1 GPS to Aprsisce

shoan butler

Ok good deal. Are you talking about a AGW packet pro kinda set up?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2019 2:41 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Ailunce HD1 GPS to Aprsisce

I did find the following pages, but you need more than just the radio to make it work.

https://groups.io/g/APRS-CANADA/message/4

http://mrickey.com/2016/04/brandmeister-setting-up-gps/

On 4/20/2019 1:50 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:

What exactly are you trying to do with the HD1 and APRSISCE/32?

This does not appear to be an APRS radio, nor does it contain a TNC. And I don't readily see any way to get the GPS information out of the radio to a PC.

From what I read, it appears that the radio can send GPS data to another HD1, but I'm not sure about that.  I may have read about some work to port position information from a DMR repeater to the APRS-IS similar to D-PRS, but I'm not even sure of that recollection.

On 4/20/2019 1:12 PM, shoan butler kn4txm@... [aprsisce] wrote:

Has any ran an hd1 on this system and how did you get it to work if you did. I've been trying for days and gotten nowhere.