From: "Robert Bruninga bruninga@... [aprsisce]"
To: aprsisce@...
Cc: Robert Bruninga
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 5:48 PM
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] GPS Week number rollover bug issues?

My thinking is to save myself a heck of a lot of time and agrivation by just “being aware” of potential glitches on that date and time, and otherwise, just waiting to see.

If everything works afterwards, then look at all the headache I saved by not trying to upgrade every one of my GPS enabled devices.  For those with life-and-limb criticality on that exact date and time, then of course it makes sense to upgrade prior…  But I am too lazy for that.

And besides, no one cares where I am anyway… ;-)
And all a speaking GPS does for me is make sure I get lost…

Try using a GPS in New Jersey in the middle of the night without an address.  I went in circles and you-cant-get-there-from-here deadends… for an hour even though I knoew I was within a mile of the place…

Bob