Re: APRSIS Internet to RF | I-Gate | Software to Kenwood TM-D710A

Fred Hillhouse

Typically you don’t want to push data from the APRS internet servers over RF. It has the potential to overload the APRS frequency and then no one can use it. Rather than push all “VU*”, it would be best to pick out the important stations and only push those.

From previous postings:

Follow the instructions on the Wiki below to upgrade to the latest Development version.

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:development-version

APRSISCE/32, in the Development version only, supports gating packets

from the APRS-IS to local RF based on a filter setting. This is

experimental at this point, and is not persistent, so you need to re-do

the sequence after any IGate restart.  To set up this -IS to RF gating,

follow this procedure.

1) Hit Control-G with the main window focused.  This will bring up a

"Test Filter" window where you enter your desired filter.  In your case,

the filter would be b/VE2SE-2.

2) Once the filter is entered, a new FilterTest trace window will come

up.  I encourage you to monitor this window for some period of time

(hours or days) to ensure that ONLY your desired packets are being

selected by the filter.  Otherwise, go back to the Control-G window and

tweak the filter.

3) Once you are satisfied with the filter setting, you can promote the

filter to an IGate filter by typing Contol-I (eye) with the main window

focused.  You will be asked to confirm your intent to set the IGate

filter.  After clicking Yes, all filter-selected packets should be

transmitted to RF as 3rd party packets.

4) Once you have confirmed your gating intent, a new IGate(Filter) trace

log will open that will show all packets transmitted due to this setup.

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH