Re: Sonundblaster

Rob Giuliano

It appears my post never was received.

AGW is a TNC to TCP/IP.  It is not a serial port emulator.   You can connect any TNC to AGW and it will decode the data and send it over TCP/IP to a computer as (pseudo) AX.25 packets.  The implementation also includes a sound card implemented TNC (modem).

For the APRSIS32 configuration

Very SPECIFICALLY create the port:
   From the >Configure Menu choose >Ports >New Port...
The next box you need to choose Type and a name.
   Type:      AGW
   Name:    Nomic    {you choose what you want}
Then hit <Create> button

Now you need to choose the Port Type
  There are 3 options: TCP/IP   Bluetooth   COMn
You must choose TCP/IP because AGW is a TCP/IP communication device.

The next box is the TCP Configuration.
Assuming the AGW application is on the same computer
   For IP or DNS:        localhost    (or use 127.0.0.1)
                  Port:        8000             (default for AGW.  if you changed this in your AGW application, it must match)
Then click <OK> button

This will initiate the communication between AGW application and APRSIS32 without any COM port being configured in APRSIS32.

For the AGW configuration, you need to specify the port used for PTT.
Right-Click the modem icon for AGW in the system tray and choose Properties.
   In the Select RadioPort box, choose the port you want to configure (if more than 1), then <OK>
   The Properties for Port# will have a Tnc Setup tab which shows Select Port in the top left.
      Under Tnc Type (SoundCard) you will see Mode KISS Simple and <Options>
      The <Options> button says:
         The PTT lines for Serial Ports are for Left Channel the RTS and fro Right Channel the DTR line.
  This indicates that AGW is the place to configure the COM port to properly use the PTT features.