Re: Station functioning as a local LAN IS server?

Rob Giuliano

Transfer / Copy the aprisis32.exe file (only) from the windows10 computer to the tablet - MAKE SURE you keep the 1 in the XML on the tablet.

That will provide the updated exe file and it should run fine!

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:55 PM
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Station functioning as a local LAN IS server?

Thanks,
                I did the xml edits to both my setups to run the development version. Worked fine on my laptop running windows 10, but the old tablet thing I am using for the RF connected station is running windows XP and it puked on update to the development version. Figures since that is the end I wanted to be the server. I will try to deal with that later. Have to get pay to my paying work for a bit.

Thank You,
Brian N2KGC

Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:52 AM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Station functioning as a local LAN IS server?

Sorry.
The APRSIS32 IS-Server option is only available in the development version.

Most people use the development version, and we tend to forget that some are using the "release version".

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

From: "'Brian Webster' radiowebst@... [aprsisce]" To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2018 9:05 AM
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] Station functioning as a local LAN IS server?

Following the Wiki it says to create a new port and then select IS-Server as the type. That option is not available on the current version. Is the wiki wrong or am I just not following the directions properly. I am no noobie to APRS and all of the various programs and have successfully done things like this on other programs. Just can’t figure out how to add the is-server port type. Do I need to edit the xml file first?

Thank You,
Brian N2KGC

Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Station functioning as a local LAN IS server?

Yes,
You can read more about the different types of ports at

At the bottom there is a link to and explanation of the APRS-IS port type.
This will allow other instances to use the instance with that port as a "pseudo" IS server.

I believe there are 2 types (local - no password authentication) and (IS-Server - password authentication).  Post any questions you may have in the group, but I didn't have any issues setting it up.

Always good to hear positive results as well.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

From: "'Brian Webster' radiowebst@... [aprsisce]" <aprsisce@yahoogroups..com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 2:47 PM
Subject: [aprsisce] Station functioning as a local LAN IS server?

I was glancing at the documentation and it’s not clear if I can use the version I am running on RF and connect another instance say on my laptop over my local LAN to view what that station is seeing. Kind like a connection to the internet stream but only to my local computer as a mini server.

Is this possible? I have done it with other programs just not sure about this one.

Thank You,
Brian N2KGC

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.