From: aprsisce@...
Sent: 29 November 2018 21:27
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: RE: [aprsisce] GKRELAY to GPS TCP server

In the meantime:

You might be able to run your NMEA from the TT4/GPS into serial port sharing software. Then not only APRSIS32 can use it, but also other applications requiring a COM port. The COM will be virtual but it works. I did something similar with an OT3. I was able to use the data with APRSIS32, a GIS application, an OBDII application, and a couple of other items.

I have done a couple of different things to share a GPS. One was to use an old Android phone and load “Share GPS”. This allows sharing the GPS across a network. The other thing I did was connect a GPS to a Wi-Fi to serial adapter. The adapter was homemade using an ESP8266 and GPS module.

On my wishlist, the ability for APRSISMO to use a network GPS. Then I could use a GPSless tablet. It may be possible now but I haven’t found how yet. ;)

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH