Re: 2 beacons being generated

Yatharth Verma

The 2nd packet was indeed an internal packet which was showing in the scrolling window but was not getting transmitted.

Thanks.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF

On Thursday, November 29, 2018, 2:21:26 AM GMT+5:30, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:

The scrolling list on the left side of the window is not the APRS-IS packet stream, but is the total packet stream being processed by APRSISCE/32.  To see just the APRS-IS stream, you have to look at the Port(APRS-IS) scrolling log.

I suspect that if you bring up the Transmit scrolling log and enable it, you will find that the telemetry is in fact an internal (INT) packet.

If you don't want to see it in the scroller, then check Configure / Scroller / No Internals.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 11/28/2018 11:38 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi Lynn/Robert,
I am seeing this packet in the APRS-IS packet stream window (print screen attached) for my primary station VU3NUF.

'Telemetry is controlled via Enables / Telemetry Enabled or via the Telemetry checkbox in a port definition dialog' - I have disabled the telemetry option both in Enables-->Telemetry Enabled and Ports-->APRS-IS (print screen attached) but this beacon is still showing up in the APRS-IS stream window.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF

On Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 8:28:30 PM GMT+5:30, Robert Bruninga bruninga@... [aprsisce] wrote:

That is the telemetry beacon.

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:05 AM
To: APRSISCE Group <aprsisce@...>
Subject: [aprsisce] 2 beacons being generated

Hi!

When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

Yatharth Verma

VU3NUF

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.