Re: Where's Waldo going?

Min

Hi All

Not sure if this is going to help.

Correct the Kenwood TM D-710A does not have a GPS and putting in the GPS position and pressing “USE”  it will transmit in APRS mode on the TNC.

Do you need to change the rig from APRS mode to packet mode on the TNC setting?  Change from APRS12 to Packet12 and get the PC to intake the received data and send out the data.

Use the position when first setting up the program and turn off GPS “Enable” then “GPS Enable” to OFF.

I use the Kenwood 700 in TNC mode and have very little issues only the TNC and PC sometimes not talking.

Hope this sorts your problem.

Min Standen G0JMS

mins@...

07917 830 410