Re: 2 beacons being generated

Mr Crane Vo1um

Is there a filter or a setting someone could post all I want to see on the map is the international space station.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 8:35 AM 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

I checked aprs.fi's raw packets for VU3NUF and do not see the telemetry (2nd) packet.  Where are you seeing this packet and for what station?

If it is in a trace log, it may be shown as (Int) which means an internal packet that is not currently being transmitted anywhere outside the client.

Telemetry is controlled via Enables / Telemetry Enabled or via the Telemetry checkbox in a port definition dialog.

On 11/28/2018 3:05 AM, Yatharth Verma halfcircle24@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi!
When I click on transmit or let the beacons generate at the beacon interval, 2 beacons are being generated:

1. APWW10,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SWEDEN2:@162054h3043.84N/07647.85E-Hi de Baba! Chandigarh, INDIA... 73

2. APW10,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1:T#014,100,048,002,500,000,10000000

Is there a way to disable the 2nd beacon? This sometimes shows in aprs.fi as well, whereas at other times does not show.

Also, any neighbor packet which I receive does not ever show the 2nd beacon type in their regard. I wonder what setting has caused the 2nd beacon type to originate. About 2 weeks back, it was not there.

Yatharth Verma
VU3NUF