From: "'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]"
To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2018 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] how to send chat message via digipeater RF-only?

All transmissions by APRSISCE/32 use the beacon path.  This includes messages being sent via RF.  APRSISCE/32 does not currently allow custom path specifications for message QSOs.

On 11/24/2018 12:27 PM, Jeff KP3FT kp3ft@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi Robert,

Tnx for the reply.  I should have clarified, it's the path parameters that has me confused.  Lets say the local wide-are coverage digi is alias "UTICA".  I want to send a message to KB2QXA on the other side of the hill.  We both have access to UTICA, but not each other.

I can enter KB2QXA in the message box, but can't enter in anything else as it's limited to 9 characters max.

My beacon path is WIDE2-1, and digi path is set as a home fill-in: <DigiXform>WIDE1-1=WIDE1*

On Saturday, November 24, 2018, 1:10:08 PM GMT-4, Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] wrote:

When you are using the MESSAGES (Menu >Messages >Send Message...)
  and you are in the chat box (bottom left), click Best (even though grayed out) and the RF-Only is revealed.  You then have to click that to enable the RF-Only.  It must be chekced and the button under it will read Send RF.

When you hit the Send RF button, it will use the same path parameters as everything else. (Lynn can verify).