Re: IGate Problem

Rob Giuliano

I am not sure if your copy of AGW is missing files.  You will need to read up on installing AGW on your computer and make sure that is running properly.  I recommend AGWMonitor as a tool for checking the installation without interfering with the data stream to your APRS client.

There are 2 separate configurations required:

1. From the menu
    >Configure >Ports >APRS-IS
    Here the IP or DNS setting needs to be an APRS-IS domain name.
        IP or DNS:  noam.aprs2.net
                  Port:  14580
    Also required is the APRS-IS passcode from Menu
      >Configure >General >Passcode
    If you do not have a passcode, the instructions are here: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:passcode
    Be sure and provide your name as it appears on your amateur radio license.

2. RF port using AGW style port
    From the menu
    >Configure >Ports >New port
    Here, the port type will be AGW and the name: VHF   {or anything you like to identify it by}
    Hit >Create>

    In the pop-up labeled Select Port type choose TCP/IP
       IP or Domain:   127.0.0.1    {or localhost}
                     Port:    8000           {Match you settings
     Double check all the setting of your new RF port (VHF(AGW) in the next pop-up.

Configuration 1 sets your port to the internet and the passcode is required for your data to be seen by the internet servers

Configuration 2 sets your AGW port for RF traffic inherits the callsign of the APRSISce/32 configuration.  That is why it is grayed out.
   agwtcpip.sys is a file used by the AGW application and "as far as I know" there is no callsign.
   With AGWpe, the callsign-ssid should be in the configuration of the client using the AGW device driver.
   Opening AGWPI.INI or Port#.INI files did not show any callsigns

AGWTerminal that requires a callsign (where the default would be SV2AGW)?  AGW can only connect with 1 client (but the AGWMonitor can be connected as well  AGWMonitor does have a "MyCall" settings which would default to SV2AGW, so you should change that - even though it is only monitoring.