Re: Aprs

Frank <kh6bfd@...>

I have set up APRS on my pi and after I logged in and am all connected it says that it received the data from a handheld device on the pi screen.  But, no reports are showing up on the APRS.fi map.  I must have missed something.  I might add that I am not yet any kind of expert on Linux operations. But, I am learning.

Frank
Kh6bfd

Sent from my Commodore Vic-20

On Oct 29, 2018, at 7:19 AM, Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

 APRX can easily be connected to APRSISce/32 through 2 means:
1. Server set to your APRSISce/32, and APRSISce/32 as a local server
    but then you weather data would be sent to APRS first, then, if so configured, to the APRS-IS.
2. TCP KISS device - straight serial to TCP as used with SOCAT or other serial to TCP interfaces
    The APRSISce/32 side uses a Simply(KISS) port with TCP/IP interface

 I do not think there is an "old fashion" AX.25 port in APRSISce/32, just the AGW port.  APRX does not offer an AGW port.

I've used APRX on a WRT54 and a raspberry Pi and fed into APRSIS32 with great success.