Re: Aprs

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I've been told that WINE is really slow on the Pi, but I' have also read that some folks have successfully executed xastir on the Pi.

I was successful once in the past at running APRSISMO (under MOAI) on the Pi, but it would be better described as "crawling", not "running".  Screen updates were VERY slow because it was using X instead of native graphics.  I attempted to update MOAI to use the native support, but gave up before being successful.

That said, aprsc, a non-graphical APRS server, was actually tested on the Pi by Hessu (of aprs.fi fame) and AFAIK, he still has several Pis running aprsc in a data center somewhere.

On 10/26/2018 7:35 AM, Adrian Burg ve6tdx@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hey guys.
Has anyone ever tried to run aprs on a pi3 ? I just picked one up and i am playing with it right now. I put castor on and give it a try. It worked fine.
Thanks.
Adrian, ve6tdx