Re: Configure APRSIS32 for Kenwood TM-D710GA as Mobile

Adam Mahnke

Kent,

If you run into trouble let me know and I can dig up my last configuration file for when I had exactly what you're discussing set up and working great.

The biggest trick is to have the ssid's the same on the radio, and APRSIS32, but only one of them is beaconing location packets.

Sorry about not offering earlier, just now catching up on this thread

Adam
KC2ANT

From: aprsisce@... on behalf of Kent Petty pettyak@... [aprsisce]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 7:59:42 PM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Configure APRSIS32 for Kenwood TM-D710GA as Mobile

Thanks for the tip and link Robert.  There is a lot there and much to weed through, but I think what I need might be there.

I'll print this out and try to dissect it.

Regards,

Kent, KL5T

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 4:50 AM Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Have you checked the WIKI as well?
 is the specific section on the D710, but there is a lot more there.

Any issues, questions, or suggestions can be posted here for more detail.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2018 11:56 PM
Subject: [aprsisce] Configure APRSIS32 for Kenwood TM-D710GA as Mobile

Hi all,

New to the forum and have been browsing around looking for info on configuring APRSIS32 for use with the Kenwood TM-D710GA in a MOBILE application with the GPS of the 710 also feeding APRSSI32.  There is a lot of discussion on this rig but I can't seem to find a good thread to give a step-by-step on configuring this beast.

We have it working in Fixed application, but we need to get this working in our mobiles.  We have a bunch of folks up here in the Anchorage area with these rigs, and really want to help everyone get setup in a standard wat so we can really tap into the D710 and this application.

Is there an existing thread that mere mortals can understand to get things setup to do this?  If not, are there any experts willing to mentor a setup that can be described and replicated, and/or can a config file be provided that is already set and we would just need to make minor modifications to?

Thanks very much in advance, and I apologize if this is an old rehash.

Kent, KL5T
Eagle River, Alaska
DEC, ARES, Municipality of Anchorage
Vice President, Anchorage Amateur Radio Club

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.