Re: Group

Steve

I do not have the Wikilink to hand that shows the step by step set up of APRSIS, that would probably be more help than back and forth emails all day long?
Would someone care to post it and state clearly that this is what the Wikilink is all about, I am sure this will help a ham who is maybe not so sure of his PC skills maybe due to age, and younger hams come to that....

73
Steve,  KF6WAX

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 2:06 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] <aprsisce@...> wrote:

Did someone steal your 2m transceiver?  Or did it blow up due to mismatched SWR?  Did you sell it?

I have no idea what you mean by the statement.  Are you doing a re-installation and previously had an RF port configured and you'd like to re-configure it?  We'll need a lot more information.

And for the next step, we also need to know just what it is you're trying to DO with APRSISCE/32.

And a callsign-SSID of your installation can go a long way for helping us to look at some things remotely (like did you poke Transmit after zooming closely in on your QTY to actually set the location?).

On 6/26/2018 3:51 PM, erniemiles@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Opened correctly and zoomed to locate to my home address. No longer have 2M transceiver.

Next step please.

Ernie

In a message dated 6/26/2018 3:41:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, aprsisce@... writes:

I have deleted the zip file and moved the exe from the same folder to another folder.

Will see if I can download again and do the steps correctly.

Ernie

In a message dated 6/26/2018 3:37:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, aprsisce@... writes:

Are you absolutely sure you unzipped into a new empty directory and double-clicked the .EXE from within that directory?  "Eliminated the zip file" doesn't really tell me anything about what you actually did with it on the computer.

And no, a filter is not necessary in a fresh, clean installation.

On 6/26/2018 3:32 PM, erniemiles@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Downloaded the software, eliminated the zip file and double clicked on the .exe file. Should I have added a filter to make it function correctly? It started blinking and flashing with no way to stop it until rebooting.

Ernie, WB2UJL