From: "iulianp@... [aprsisce]"
To: aprsisce@...
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 4:08 PM
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Filters. IS/RF RF/IS on various ports.

Filters.
I had a bit of a 'revelation' this morning. I came across a couple of similar unanswered questions somewhere else on the net. I believe the filters only apply to the RF IS / IS RF traffic and they do not interfere at all with the RF digipeater function in the APRSIS32 program. In other words, if I used APRSIS32 as a WIDEn-N RF digipeater and wanted to block a certain TOCALL, for example, the filter -u/TOCALL won't have any effect on the digipeated packet. That TOCALL won't go though the RF IS though in my APRSIS32. I am yet to do some experiments on this.

RF IS IS RF vs APRS-IS disabled/enabled.
I also need to experiment with the RF IS tick boxes on the RF port and APRS-IS port (enabled and disabled). See the outcome.

XML
Truly, I haven't seen many xml files in the programs folder! There is one more in my case. It has a date extension added to it. Probably another backup.

"Lynn's implementation of filters"
I have seen something in the manual, pg 38.

Any comments and suggestions on the above from pax who have already mastered APRSIS32, more than welcome.

73, J, YO3FCA M0IPU