*From:* "Greg D ko6th.greg@gmail.com [aprsisce]" ( aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
)
*To:* aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Thursday, June 21, 2018 4:26 PM
*Subject:* Re: [aprsisce] D74 with APRSIS32 won't transmit

I don't think the Bluetooth issue is with APRSIS32 or Wine.  The device
seems to connect as displayed on the Linux side, but I never see the BT
symbol on the D74 light up, and a few seconds later Linux shows the device
as not connected.  So, I think something's not matching up in their
respective BT stacks, causing an error.  The D74's BT stack is known for
being a bit quirky, so this isn't totally unexpected as Linux isn't an
operating system that Kenwood supports.

I tried configuring a BT port for APRSIS32, hoping perhaps the connection
would stay up if there was something to talk to, but that didn't work.

I'll just leave things as they are for now, and revisit this perhaps
later.  The original plan for Field Day was to take the Netbook (running
Win 7), as it's more portable, has its own SIM for Internet connections,
and is less valuable, but the issue with gpredict forced the use of my
full-sized laptop.  It dual-boots with Win 10, but I strongly prefer to
leave it running Linux.

Greg  KO6TH

Rob Giuliano kb8rco@yahoo.com [aprsisce] wrote:

I have found that with APRSIS32 under WINE, you are always better off
linking to COMM ports.
Most Bluetooth devices are listed as /dev/rfcomm# (I think that is how it
gets listed).  I can double check when I get home

from within */home/{username}/.wine/dosdevices*
*ln -s /dev/rfcomm0 com8*

Then connect to Com8 in APRSIS32.

Again, I do not use a D74, but this works with all my Bluetooth devices I
use to connect to the TNCs