Raspberry Pi NTP and GPS server

sbd sbd

If you want a GPS fed NTP server then this how to will get it mostly sorted on a Raspberry Pi. Best to use a Pi 3 and set the Pi for performance.

I am using a UPUTronics board with PPS and a decent antenna

https://www.ntpsec.org/white-papers/stratum-1-microserver-howto/

Then add a NMEA port to your APRSISCE32 enter the IP address (static!) and port of 2947. Under configure ports.

Then enable GPS under enables.

You should then get a display of satellites on screen and a bar at the bottom showing the status of the satellites, with a quality reading, and the status of the satellite fix.

I don’t recall if APRSISCE32 will get the time from NTP on the Pi, Perhaps Lynn can comment.

Will add this to the WIKI if people want me to.

Regards

Steve Daniels

G6UIM