From: "'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]"
Date: 5/16/18 22:47 (GMT-05:00)
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Range not working [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) included below]

Just proved it with direct telnet connections to the APRS-IS.

f/DAYTON/1000 gets nothing
f/WX8P-1/1000 immediately gets a flood of packets.

So, set up a MultiTrack on WX8P-1 and then check the Range option on that once it appears and you'll start to get the feed you're looking for.

On 5/16/2018 10:41 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:
I wonder if the APRS-IS friend filter works on objects and items?  I suspect it does not, but is restricted to source-calls on position packets.

Find a "real" station near Dayton and put a multitrack on it with Range checked and see if you start getting stations around it.  Maybe N8NPT or WX8P-1 or N8NQH-1.  Do a Screen / Follow / Find (or Control-F), enter the desired station, and tell it to wait for it if it isn't found.  Once it shows up, you can then check the Range option.

I'll see about setting up a test case for this and may suppress the Range option when following an object or item so as not to be misleading.

On 5/16/2018 8:42 PM, Greg Depew goatherder_4891@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi Lynn and group just wondering whether the range feature is broken. I have an object up called DAYTON for the hamvention that I'm injecting to the IS and multitracking and ranging on both my -3 tablet and -1 home pc stations and neither are picking up the stations around it. Range is 100 mi.

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone