Re: Range not working [1 Attachment]

Greg Depew

Ok will do that. I do remember that it used to work as I did it a couple years ago. Thanks for the workaround!

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/16/18 22:47 (GMT-05:00)
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Range not working [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) included below]

Just proved it with direct telnet connections to the APRS-IS.

f/DAYTON/1000 gets nothing
f/WX8P-1/1000 immediately gets a flood of packets.

So, set up a MultiTrack on WX8P-1 and then check the Range option on that once it appears and you'll start to get the feed you're looking for.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/16/2018 10:41 PM, 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce] wrote:
I wonder if the APRS-IS friend filter works on objects and items?  I suspect it does not, but is restricted to source-calls on position packets.

Find a "real" station near Dayton and put a multitrack on it with Range checked and see if you start getting stations around it.  Maybe N8NPT or WX8P-1 or N8NQH-1.  Do a Screen / Follow / Find (or Control-F), enter the desired station, and tell it to wait for it if it isn't found.  Once it shows up, you can then check the Range option.

I'll see about setting up a test case for this and may suppress the Range option when following an object or item so as not to be misleading.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 5/16/2018 8:42 PM, Greg Depew goatherder_4891@... [aprsisce] wrote:
Hi Lynn and group just wondering whether the range feature is broken. I have an object up called DAYTON for the hamvention that I'm injecting to the IS and multitracking and ranging on both my -3 tablet and -1 home pc stations and neither are picking up the stations around it. Range is 100 mi. 

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.