From: Don Poaps va7dgp@... [aprsisce]
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 06:07
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Kenwood TM-D70 does not talk to APRSIS
To: aprsisce@...

I should say Com 5, 9600 baud with the RT System plug. If using Simply Kiss, the Radio should go into Packet 12.

Don va7dgp

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 22:48 Don Poaps <va7dgp@gmail.com> wrote:
Dave

I use 9600 baud with my D 710.

Don va7dgp

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 19:08 David Barnhart k7rpm@yahoo.com [aprsisce] <aprsisce@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I am at my wits end trying to get my D710 (not D710G) to talk to APRSIS. My intent is to use APRSIS as just a display device and not to drive the D710

My hope is that someone here will see my config info below and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Dell Laptop/Windows 10

APRSIS32 version 2012/08/29 21:32
APRSIS Port COnfiguration:
Quiet Time: 0
RF to IS checked
IS to RF not checked
me not 3rd not checked
RF Baud: 1200
The following are checked:
-enabled
-Bulletin/obj
-Messages
-Telemetry
-DX
The following are not checked:
-xmit enable
-Beacon
-GPS/NMEA

Port (named D710):
- COM5
-1200
-parity:none
-Data:8
-Stop:1

APRSIS Menu
Enables->Ports: All Receive-Only D710
Enables->Internet Access NOT checked

RT Systems USB-K5G cable connected from USB port on laptop to the back of the D710 control head

WIndows Device Manager shows:
COM5
1200
8 bits
No parity 1 stop bit

Kenwood D710 settings:
601 Internal TNC:
- Data Band: A
- Data Speed: 1200bps
- DCD Sense: ignore DCD
- TX Delay: 200ms
602 GPS Port: (no external GPS attached)
- Baud Rate 4800bps
- Input: off
- Output: off
604 Com Port:
- Output: on

D710 band A tuned to 144.390, and the D710 display does show APRS data
If I turn on Enables->Internet Access then the APRSIS map does show data from the internet
APRSIS map never shows data from D710

I know the RT SYstems cable works because I was able to get the RT Systems D710 Programming software to read from the D710 (cable was plugged into the PC port on the D710 main unit at the time)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

73
Dave Barnhart