From: aprsisce@... on behalf of Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce]
Sent: Monday, April 2, 2018 9:44:46 AM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Auto start

Was APRSIS32.exe ever working properly on the computer without the "auto start"?
Are you placing the APRSIS32.exe file in a folder that is read/write?

Windows has become very particular about what goes into c:\Program Files and c:\Program Files (x86).

For that reason, it is recommended you create a folder structure outside those directories:
Examples:
   C:\AprsIS32\APRSIS32.exe
   C:\Radio\Aprsis32\APRSIS32.exe
   C:\APRS\Aprsis32\APRSIS32.exe
   C:\Radio\APRS\Aprsis32\APRSIS32.exe

Some have copied the APRSIS32.exe file to the desktop or their "home" directory, but that limits access (typically not a problem unless you have multiple users of the same APRSIS app).

Once the App is working properly, the auto start method should also work, but I still recommend Task Scheduler as you have more control.  These files are in xml format, so are fairly easy to troubleshoot.  Another key is the logon user.