Re: Auto start

brian cochran

And when added to task scheduler the system crashes after 5 minutes so no joy there

I guess that it's not going to work on this pc I'll find another as after this works I need to run aprs in a second instance since aprsisce/32 doesn't handle dual port

Jack Brian Cochran WC4J
703-965-6011
WC4J@...

From: aprsisce@... on behalf of Rob Giuliano kb8rco@... [aprsisce]
Sent: Monday, April 2, 2018 9:44:46 AM
To: aprsisce@...
Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Auto start

Was APRSIS32.exe ever working properly on the computer without the "auto start"?
Are you placing the APRSIS32.exe file in a folder that is read/write?

Windows has become very particular about what goes into c:\Program Files and c:\Program Files (x86).

For that reason, it is recommended you create a folder structure outside those directories:
Examples:
   C:\AprsIS32\APRSIS32.exe
   C:\Radio\Aprsis32\APRSIS32.exe
   C:\APRS\Aprsis32\APRSIS32.exe
   C:\Radio\APRS\Aprsis32\APRSIS32.exe

Some have copied the APRSIS32.exe file to the desktop or their "home" directory, but that limits access (typically not a problem unless you have multiple users of the same APRSIS app).

Once the App is working properly, the auto start method should also work, but I still recommend Task Scheduler as you have more control.  These files are in xml format, so are fairly easy to troubleshoot.  Another key is the logon user.

Robert Giuliano
KB8RCO

To: "aprsisce@..."
Sent: Sunday, April 1, 2018 10:33 PM

I tried both ways usually the shortcut works but not this time. I'm scratching my head on this.

Tried making it a task that starts 1 minute after logon but 2 minutes after it starts the system crashes. I'm going to do a freash install and try again

Jack Brian Cochran WC4J
703-965-6011
WC4J@...

From: aprsisce@... on behalf of 'Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)' kj4erj@... [aprsisce]
Sent: Sunday, April 1, 2018 10:29:11 PM
To: aprsisce@...

It sounds like you put a copy of the APRSIS32.EXE into the startup folder instead of a shortcut pointing to APRSIS32.EXE.

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 4/1/2018 1:42 PM, Jack B Cochran WC4J@... [aprsisce] wrote:
I've added aprsisce to the startup folder in win 10 but it doesn't work it acts like a new installation and short cut in the folder does nothing

I would like aprsisce to auto start after a reboot since it's on a pc at a remote site.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Jack Brian Cochran WC4J
703-965-6011

Join APRSISCE@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.